Divorcing Without Destroying Your Business
If you or your spouse owns a business in Texas, getting divorced may pose particular challenges. For instance, if the business is owned under a different family member’s name, you may need to provide proof of ownership in order to claim part of the business’s value. Or, if you draw your income from the business, liquidating the business during divorce may eliminate your ability to pay child support.
At the Law Office of Andy Nguyen, PLLC, we understand these family law challenges and how to effectively resolve them. Our Arlington divorce attorney for business owners and their spouses serves clients in Dallas-Fort Worth, Mansfield, Grand Prairie and the surrounding Mid-Cities of Texas.
Crafting Personalized Strategies For Small Businesses
Our law firm takes pride in creating customized legal approaches that take into account each client’s particular goals. Whether you or your spouse owns a nail salon, a restaurant or any other type of business, attorney Andy Nguyen is available to sit down with you in a one-on-one consultation, discuss your unique concerns and answer your questions. Such questions may include:
- If we’re both involved in the business operations, will divorce mean losing one or both of our livelihoods?
- Can we divide the value of the business without liquidating it?
- How do we accurately determine how much the business is worth?
- Can I give my spouse a certain amount of other assets in exchange for keeping the business?
- Will splitting a business in a divorce affect child support or spousal support obligations?
Request A Consultation
Please contact our office for consultation. To schedule such a consultation with our lawyer, please call our Arlington office today at (817) 532-5666 or contact us online. We are a Spanish- and Vietnamese-speaking family law firm.