Assisting You With Custody And Visitation Issues
There are no issues in family law more contentious than child custody. You, your former spouse, and your child all have a stake in how the issue is decided, but not everyone might agree. Advice from an Arlington child custody attorney who can offer an uncolored analysis of your situation can make life much easier.
At the Law Office of Andy Nguyen, PLLC, we have more than 12 years of legal experience. If you are considering divorce, we can help you take stock of your overall situation, make a plan and then execute it. Our attorney provides knowledgeable counsel and effective representation in child custody and related family law matters, including divorce and property division in Grand Prairie, Mansfield and beyond.
How Texas Handles Visitation And Parenting Time Issues
Texas courts are required to put the best interests of the child first when determining child custody orders. Generally, judges will find that the child’s best interests include joint custody, meaning both parents get time with the children. There are two variations of joint custody, one where both parents share in making important life decisions for the children and another where one parent takes the bulk of responsibility.
- Joint managing custody: Both parents are responsible for making important life decisions for their child, including medical care and education. The children will spend the majority of time with one parent and the other parent will have visitation time. Parents generally have substantial discretion in determining the scheduling of visits and parenting time in this arrangement.
- Sole managing custody: One parent takes responsibility for making decisions on the care of the child. This parent will also be the custodial parent, who the child will reside with after the custody case has concluded. The noncustodial parent will typically get visitation rights or limited parenting time.
Child Custody Factors
There are many different factors that judges consider when approving child custody agreements. Examples include:
- Status of the parent-child relationship
- Employment issues, such as frequent travel
- Frequent changes of physical address
- Financial status of the parents
- History of child abuse and/or neglect
- Chemical dependency
At the Law Office of Andy Nguyen, PLLC, you can count on us to provide you with sound legal advice and effective representation in your family law case. We will compile all the relevant facts in your case — your finances, your relationship with your child, etc. — and make your case in court. We will fight to get you the custody arrangement that best meets your needs.
Serving Tarrant County Families With Child Custody and Visitation Matters
At the Law Office of Andy Nguyen, PLLC, we assist clients from all walks of life and all corners of the earth with their Texas legal issues. Our attorney is accessible, responsive and understanding. We work hard to provide you with the utmost in customer service and quality representation. Please contact our office for consultation about your legal issue, call (817) 532-5666 or contact our office online.
We speak Vietnamese and Spanish.