Deemed Inadmissible? Seek An I-601 Waiver.

If your goal is to legally immigrate to the United States, being convicted of a crime or finding out you are inadmissible for some other reason may seem like the end of a dream. In some situations, however, you can successfully overcome these hurdles through a waiver.

The Arlington attorney at the Law Office of Andy Nguyen, PLLC, understands complex immigration laws and can guide you through the process of filing an I-601 waiver. We can also help you with other family-based immigration needs in Arlington, Grand Prairie, and across Texas and the nation.

Overcoming The Problem Of Inadmissibility

You may be ineligible for admission to the United States for several reasons. One common problem occurs when people come to the United States illegally as children and later find that they are ineligible for legal admission to the country. Other possible reasons for ineligibility include:

  • Other illegal entries into the country
  • Violations of prior immigration statuses
  • Convictions for certain crimes
  • Health-related grounds
  • Many other reasons

If you are ineligible for admission to the U.S. as an immigrant or ineligible to adjust your status, you may still be able to immigrate or adjust your status by filing an I-601 waiver. You must be able to show that your inadmissibility would cause extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or that your positive qualities and actions are stronger than the grounds for inadmissibility and you pose little risk to society.

Our Grand Prairie Attorney Can Help With Immigration Pardons

If you are ineligible for admission to the United States, our lawyer will meet with you to discuss your situation and determine if you can qualify for a waiver. If you can qualify, we will complete and file the complex paperwork for a waiver and will keep you informed about the status of your case. We will represent you at any hearings or other proceedings regarding your waiver.

If you are interested in filing for an I-601 waiver, contact our office today at (817) 532-5666 or contact us online. Please contact our office for consultation and we offer competitive rates. We speak Spanish and Vietnamese.